WHAT?The Cool Girl gift guide
Because everyone has that one "cool" friend who is intimidatingly hard to buy for!
WHO'D LOVE IT?
- She's into alternative music, reads niche magazines and always looks painstakingly cool.
- She lives in skinny jeans and chelsea boots.
- She loves a live band or underground club.
- The opposite of flashy- she likes the finer things in life, but without letting people know.
- She dresses with a hint of androgyny and a lot of grunge.
WHO'D HATE IT?
A girly girl, anyone who loves to get her heels on and look pretty. Your mum probably wouldn't be too fond of a "cool girl" gift, but that could just be a generalisation! Fashion lovers will be split on this one- if they are into minimal chic, they will adore it. If they are more flamboyant or more classic they will hate it. Once again this is not one for the preppy budding Middletons (we all know at least one!)
WERE DOES 'THE COOL GIRL' SHOP?
- Topshop for the basics.
- The Kooples for gamine cool.
- Urban Outfitters for nick-nacks and music.
- Equipment for the blouses.
- Zadig and Voltaire for perfect grunge detail.
- Zoe & Morgan for jewellery.
- She'd live in Givenchy if she could.
The Emmanuelle Alt among your friends. The one who shrugs anything on and pulls it off in the most annoying nonchalant manner. She oozes cool without even trying and is near impossible to buy for! The Secret Santa nightmare.