If you can't overindulge at Christmas, when can you?
I must put my hands up and say that I have actually not eaten many mince pies this year- two mini ones to be precise- but I do feel like I am about to gain a stone in Christmas weight... I mainly blame the Champagne cocktails and mum's irresistible Christmas cake and trifle.
Christmas is a very tricky time for those who are struggling with weight, but i'm trying my best to cope! However, if worst comes to worst, I will just gain that almost inevitable seasonal weight and then have to detox- green tea in one hand, gym pass in the other.
In the mean time, though, I bring you some lovely wintry outfits that conceal a multitude of festive foodie sins.
Nothing beats an oversized jumper with some slim fit jeans and a brilliant pair of ankle boots... It's universally flattering and makes you look every bit as slim as you are in your summertime prime.
It's not time to detox, yet, so let's enjoy the party season while we can.
Pass me the Elderflower Edinburgh gin!
1. Dark Wash Jeggings from Abercrombie and Fitch- the ultimate jeans. I'll have a pair in every colour, please? (£68)
2. This Jack Wills jumper (£69.50) is so wonderfully snug and, when worn oversized and slouchy, this is the perfect way to hide a less-than-washboard stomach (who, moi?)
3. The best way to spend Boxing Day? Hidden away under lots of layers watching Love Actually and eating Quality Streets. This super soft faux-fur gilet from Topshop is super toasty and rather forgiving (£55)
4. Let's talk diversion tactics! This studded leopard print bowling bag from Zara (£49.99) is at the top of my post-Christmas wishlist, and with rather good reason. Such a bold, stylish bag will distract from the pre-detox pounds.
5. MUST. STAY. ALWAY. FROM. THE. KOOPLES. SALE. Please, someone, stop me from buying these tidy little ankle boots. They are reduced to £185 in the sale.
1. Another sale hit from The Kooples, I adore this slick Oxblood woolen cape. It will certainly hide a multitude of sins! £220.50 on sale- i'll be keeping my eyes peeled for further reductions.
2. Nothing beats a simple cream knit, i'd buy this one several sizes too big. It's £35 from Miss Selfridge.
3. My favourite high street jeans are the super-skinny stretchy Leigh jeans from Topshop. This simple dark denim pair is super slimming and just £38.
3. Ooh la la, did someone say Mulberry? Well, they were wrong. This warm tan handbag with gleaming gold hardware is a snip at £70 from ASOS. Yum.
5. Ankle boots are my one true love, and these new season burgundy buckle boots from Office are a new favourite of mine. The stacked heel lengthens legs while the cut out detail makes them a great partner to flirty minis come spring! (£85)
6. Alex Monroe jewellery is the cutest, and this fox charm bracelet is delicate and sure to attract many an admiring glance. (£135)
1. Alas, yet another pair of killer skinny jeans, this time from Hollister. These have a perfect stretch and the dark wash is slimming. I find they make my bum look a million times better as well, at £40 they are certainly cheaper than a trip to Harley Street!
2. This cutesy Wildfox sweater, embroidered with "I'll Keep You Warm" in shimmery bronze sequins will cover you up without looking even remotely boring. I absolutely love this sweater (£150)
3. I have two faux-fur scarves from Zara that I wear religiously, primarily because they are super cosy and also very forgiving when i'm feeling a little less than body confident. Though my lovely fur stoles have sold out, this cool snood from Topshop is silky soft and a lovely toffee hue (£25)
4. Another day, another ankle boot. These buckled Topshop black booties have a chunky heel which balances out slightly shapely legs. (£110)
5. Et Voila! You could balloon up ten dress sizes and it still wouldn't matter with a Celine Luggage Mini on your arm. I don't even know how much this Cream Python offering is- I don't doubt that it is too much for me to even comprehend- but I love it, and always shall.