1. Everybody say HEY to the bag of my dreams. This Prada tote in clay grey leather has overtaken the navy Céline in the dreamy bag stakes... It is just such a beautiful neutral, a lovely alternative to black or tan, and is just divine. I want it so much but I can't seem to find that spare £1290, did anyone see where I left it?
2. This lemon yellow cropped sweater from Topshop is a SS13 must have. While the colour may not be for everyone, it was a huge hit at the Balenciaga SS13 show (see my new season references here) and looks gorgeous with a geometric black and white print. Wear this chunky sweater (£30) now with a long skirt and boots, and channel with a flirty mini come spring... If it ever arrives, of course.
3. This Accessorize necklace is such a lovely way to instantly update your look. The turquoise shade will lift neutral pieces to new heights, but it is also a great colour to make other brights sing- especially this zesty yellow. Shades of marine are going to be a huge hit for spring, so this is a great way to get ahead without feeling like you've splurged. It also has an alluring Elizabeth Taylor vibe which certainly belies it's £15 price-tag.
4. Any excuse for a new accessory, eh? Ever since my friend Nicole pointed me in the direction of the Kate Spade store in Westfield, I have been smitten with this bow-detail iPhone case. It is around £30 but is such a lovely way to treat yourself on pay day, not to mention a great way to lift your spirits in this horrible, horrible snow.
5. I am in love with these new season Kurt Geiger ELLA shoes. While white shoes may have horrible connotations of fake tan, Malibu and bleached hair (and no that is NOT a description of my Friday night look), in recent years they have been given a sartorial update and have become a beacon of modern elegance. Just ask Sarah Harris, the incredible fashion features writer at British Vogue, who wrote a great piece a few issues back about why white stilettos were her new season must have. If the Vogue girls are doing it, why shant we? White shoes are actually rather chic and lend a contemporary and fresh edge to everything from simple skinnies to little black dresses. These block heel shoes from Kurt Geiger (at £195) are just the ticket and I really rather fancy a pair.
6. My latest purchase is this flirty little miniskirt from Topshop, which I initially bought as a piece for work, but have unfortunately been very short of opportunities in which to brave the opaques. I am dotty for this miniskirt (£22) which looks fun worn with a little white crop top (channelling Balenciaga the very best I can) or with a crisp white shirt tucked in. It also looks playful and modern when paired with bold brights like this sherbet sweet sweater.
7. This is a classic nude polish from Nails Inc which has a soft caramel tone to it. Basil Street (£11) is a warm and elegant shade which goes with everything yet looks particularly delicious when paired with zingy aqua.
8. In time for last summer, I featured these fabulous nude and neon nails by Nails Inc, and I felt that they would look particularly fab with this look, as a way of marrying in the cyan blue. Simply paint the base of your in the afore mentioned Basil Street (two coats), then leave to dry before applying a french manicure sticker to the nail and painting the tip in this refreshing Pool Party shade from Topshop. Simple and quirky nail art that is sure to put a smile on your face.