Yay! The sun is shining! Yes, it's a bit baltic out, but today is the first day in a while i've felt a teensy bit summery, so here are some beautiful fondant fancy shades of nail polishes to spruce up your winter look a treat.
I received the Splash of Grenadine nail polish by Essie for my birthday from my parents, and I absolutely ADORE the vibrant pinky lilac shade- fabulous quality, of course, and sure to get a number of compliments (I counted four yesterday!)
1. Leighton Denny polishes really are top quality. This soft coral shade is a great way to warm up your winter neutrals, particularly gorgeous with muted sandy shades. This fiery shade is, rather aptly, called Just Perfect and is £11.
2. The Thakoon collection at NARS is full of truly phenomenal colours which have been at the top of my wish list for ages. This Anardana rich pink shade is a particular favourite- a sophisticated bright pink that isn't even remotely Barbie-esque. This retails for £14 from Space NK.
3. This is my new favourite polish, joining the ranks of Nails Inc Devonshire Row and Revlon Bewitching . A pretty pale violet shade that is a little bit sweet, but still very stylish and sophisticated. It's also universally flattering and will go with pretty much everything. I love, love, love it! You can buy Essie Splash of Grenadine here for £7.99.
4. This cheap and cheerful peachy polish from Models Own is a great uplifting shade. This Peach Sherbet shade is just £5 from ASOS.
5. Another treat from the NARS Thakoon collection, this icy blue polish is a great alternative to pale sugary pink. At £14 it's a little more indulgent, but this high fashion shade is a hot trend for SS13. You can buy this Kutki polish at Space NK here.
6. Pistachio green nails are surprisingly chic, and this delicious Mint Candy Apple polish from Essie is a mouthwatering spring shade. The quality of Essie polishes is also totally unrivalled, so they are worth every penny of this £7.99 price tag.
7. Sherbet Lemon nails are not the easiest to pull off, but this Notting Hill Carnival polish from Nails Inc is a softer shade that will be particularly alluring on warmer skintones. You can buy it here for just £5.
8. Revlon nail polish is always such good quality, and this Dreamer shade is just delectable. A powdery blue, but not overly girly, this polish is a great alternative to your favourite winter navy. You can buy it here for £6.49.
I also must say a big thank you to the lovely ladies at Nicolas Feuillatte who treated me to a luxurious manicure at the Sofitel SO spa in St James, all washed down with a few glasses of the truly divine Palmes D'Or Rose Champagne (read more about it here- it's just gorgeous)
Nothing makes a look complete quite like beautifully manicured nails, and nothing makes a manicure like a glass of chilled bubbly and indulgent canapes!