|An image from the ZIMMERMANN Swim SS13 campaign- see more envy-inducing shots here|
Aah, if I were a rich girl.
There are so many things I want to do with my life. At the moment, my big dream is to travel to Australia to work with Vogue Australia... I did say it was a BIG dream, but you have to aim high. If I am truly honest, though, any Australian fashion company would do the trick. Australia is the one place in the world I truly long to visit but I just can't seem to find the time to go or, rather, I simply lack the organisation/motivation to just book this trip of a lifetime.
I'm working on it, I promise.
It just so happens, to add salt to the wound, that Australia has joined the ranks of Sweden and Denmark and become one of the most exciting countries in the fashion industry. This is particularly true of the affordable luxury market with a number of boutique labels emerging straight from the heart of Oz, specialising in decadent resortwear and the most incredible swimwear.
Back in London, and back down to earth, today I witnessed what is perhaps the first sunshine of 2013, and I immediately started daydreaming of swimming pools, summer and icy cool champagne.
Incidentally, also found myself navigating the ZIMMERMANN website simply lusting after their RTW and, of course, their divine swimwear.
ZIMMERMANN is one of the hottest labels in Australia, and they are making waves over here with stockists including Austique. Their trademark look is feminine but sexy, swimwear and dresses that are designed to look amazing on, without sacrificing any sensual style or modernity.
Check out their website here, as they are now shipping worldwide, but I warn you: it's a little tricky to resist...
While the price point does reach rather far beyond my fashion student budget, I can but dream, for these little bikinis are certainly dreamy.
1. First up, this little coral bikini is a surefire summer hit. With frill detail on the cups, this bikini is feminine in the most glamourous way possible, and the colour is sure to sparkle with a softly sunkissed skin. The Brightside Bikini retails at $245, available here.
2. Nothing makes poolside posing quite like perfectly manicured nails, and the Leighton Denny Spring 2013 'Riviera' collection offers the most delectable shades for spring ranging from this sugary Promenade Pink through to yummy pistachio green. They are available from March 1st and shall retail at £11.
3. It's not all about bikinis, as the self-conscious among us will know all too well! I personally have had far too many occasions where I have splurged on bikinis, only to revert to my faithful black and white swimming cossie. One pieces, however, need not be stuffy, and this ruched halter number is just lovely. In a watercolour floral print, this flirty number is perfect for summertime frolicking. The Locket one piece retails at $260 available here.
4 + 5. Alongside sexy little sets, Zimmermann also offer a selection of swim separates. My favourite is undoubtedly this zingy marigold pair. I love the frill detailing on the bra and that plunge neckline is just delightful. The top retails for $115 here and the matching bottoms are $60 here. While the colour is rather bright, doesn't it just put a smile on your face?
6. Another sweet shade from the Leighton Denny 'Riviera' collection , this peachy number is just gorgeous with softly blooming prints.
7. Speaking of softly blooming prints, how perfect is this flirty bikini? In the same print as the aforementioned Locket one piece, this fabulous frill bikini with a plunge neck and underwiring is a fabulous way to flaunt your flat tummy this coming summer. I'll take one bikini, and one flat tummy, please. The Locket frill bikini is available here at $210.
8. Not only do Zimmermann make the most lovely swimwear, they also offer effortlessly chic RTW and beach cover-ups. This lacy playsuit is my favourite piece for the new season. How elegant is this for a poolside cover-up? Ethereal and beautifully crafted, this long-sleeved playsuit would look particularly scrumptious worn over the periwinkle blue bikini. The Zoe Chiffon playsuit retails for $375 here.
9. Complete with glamourous gold detailing, this Locket bikini in periwinkle is another favourite of mine. I just can't comprehend how delightful this would look with a rich tan. In a flattering cupped style, this icy colour is seriously on trend this season. It retails for $230 here.