Firstly I must apologise that i've been posting rather rarely of late, university work is getting the better of me unfortunately and every single time I go to write a post, I seem to fall asleep. I fear that this is old age getting to me, as i'm now officially 19. EEK.
I also must apologise that the visuals for this post aren't exactly amazing for I'm working, for the time being, from my sister's laptop which has no Photoshop (shock horror)... Back to basics I go.
Anyhoo, Valentines day is this coming week, so I thought it high time to post a little beauty guide on how to optimise your flirtation factor on the 14th.
1. This Revlon PhotoReady Powder (£11.29) is a hero product of mine. I have been using it for a few months now and I really can't get enough of it. The powder is finely milled with light reflecting particles. It doesn't cake in the slightest and really does softly airbrush the skin without caking even slightly. Just layer over your choice of Beauty Balm or Foundation for a radiant, romantic complexion.
2. I have been itching to try a Beauty Balm for a while (I know, i'm rather behind the times) and this one from Dr Jart+ is a great one to start out. I opted for the Regenerating Beauty Balm (£14 here) and have found it a lovely, light base for a freshfaced glow. Plus it's so easy to apply, just a little bit goes a long way.
3. The one beauty product I really can't cope without is the NARS Blusher in Orgasm. It is a cult product for a reason, trust me, and this peachy pink blusher is every bit as good as the name suggests. It is £21.50 but really is worth every last penny. The image I have above, I have realised only now, is not actually of the correct blusher, but I honestly can't recommend this prettifying powder enough.
4. A little tip off from my marvellous mum, this Lancome Effet Miracle Primer/ Blemish Balm is an absolute godsend. I could even go as far as to say it is the best primer I have ever tried. It is a sure way to get strokeably smooth skin. Now, just to save up that £26 to buy my own!
1. Nothing says flirtation quite like luscious fluttering eyelashes, and these Shu Uemura eyelash curlers are the best out there, without a shadow of a doubt. A make-up artist I worked with recently referred to them as his 'Shu's'... Perfect for those of us who can't quite pronounce the full brand name. It'll be the best £20 you ever spent, ladies.
2. Only recently have I been informed of the totally transformative quality of strong, slick eyebrows. They actually do make such a difference in framing the face and all it takes is a little bit of contouring with a kit like this ELF one which is a ridiculous bargain at £3.75, available in four colourways. It is the perfect way to cheat that natural beauty look that your Mr. Right will adore.
3. Now, let us get back to those flirtatious fluttering eyelashes. I have recently been trying out this new mascara sample from Bourjois, and I must admit that I am very impressed with this FAN-TASTIC VOLUME edition. I've always said that Bourjois mascaras are the best budget option (alongside Max Factor) and this new one, with a fan-shaped comb, lengthens and intensifies eyelashes a treat. It is just £9.99 and is great for creating a wide-eyed natural look that is perfect for catching his eye.
1. The ultimate indulgence, Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé Soufflé body cream is a beauty must for Valentines day. It smells absolutely edible with the most intense vanilla notes that money can buy. It is also lusciously rich and nourishing, leaving supple skin with an inviting scent.
2. Continuing along the good enough to eat road, this Jo Malone Sweet Lemon Cologne, from their new High Tea collection, smells just like a sugary lemon tart. Very soon I shall be sharing some lovely new Jo Malone products with you, but in the mean time I highly suggest you treat yourself to this sweet spring scent. He'll love it every bit as much as you.
3. My Valentines polish of choice? Nails Inc in Shoreditch. This fun and flirty hot pink is not even remotely sickly sweet, but a great bubblegum pink that packs a little punch. It needs a fair few coats to get a decent colour, but it's worth it.
4. If you are more traditional, you'll be loving this summery bright polish from Essie's latest collection. This coral Snap Happy shade will certainly cheer up your Valentines day, whether or not you have someone to celebrate with.