Another day closer to LFW, another day spent trawling the online stores dreaming of clothing and accessories that I can't actually afford. That is my life it seems, and as the LFW invites start to come in, I have been left with a maddening panic of OMIGOD-WHAT-AM-I-GOING-TO-WEAR-ALL-MY-CLOTHES-ARE-UGLY.
Today I let my gaze fall on this divine blue skirt from Whistles. It's just beautiful for Fashion Week flirtation, particularly with these killer Kurt Geiger ankle boots.
1. A silk t-shirt really is a bit of a contemporary classic, and those lovely folk at REISS have done this classic silk front tee in a number of summery shades for those of us who like to spend that little bit extra on timeless classics. This clean blue shade is bang on for SS13, but will also work just as well now with some skinny black leathers.
2. This accordion pleat 'Carrie' skirt from Whistles has become something of an icon ever since the fashion crowd went Carrie Crazy back when the first candy pink offering hit the stores. I love the muted, unusual petrol blue shade of this skirt which softly whispers summertime sweetness, while still maintaining just enough edge to work in the chillier months.
3. With such an understated and demure ensemble, the accessories really have to bring a little something extra to the picture, and this chain detail collar from Zara shall do just that. I love Zara's purse-friendly collections of bold, statement jewellery and this one is a slightly cleaner take on a collar necklace.
4. Excuse me while I compose myself. Following a big discussion with a friend at ATELIER-TO-GO HQ this morning about the demise of the Céline handbag (could this be another case of death by WAG?!) and the surge of other luxury brands in the handbag market, I felt it high time to reacquaint myself with Proenza Schouler. Then I found this navy offering and fell in love. The rest, they say, is history... Or bankruptcy, perhaps, for this little treasure costs a cool £1365.
5. Marry in the gloss of the necklace with this pack of three chunky ASOS chain bracelets in gold, brass and pewter. I am really into clashing metals at the moment (I know- fashion faux pas!) and this little set is a great way to ease in. Who wants to be boring and matchy-matchy all the time anyway?
6. Ankle boots are my favourite shoes, and this cream pair by Kurt Geiger London are my new season favourites. They would look incredible with the muted marine shades of this look, and I don't doubt for one second that these sweetly titled SODA boots are the perfect summer style.