Ooh, hello there sunshine, how we have missed you !
Today is the hottest day of the year thus far, so I thought i'd present to you a look based on the hottest colour of the season: aquamarine.
Or coolest, if you are being pernickety.
Mint green is always a favourite of mine come the warmer months. It is a soft, pretty shade that works with all colours. I find it truly comes alive when paired with crisp white pieces and the softest golden tan.
For SS13, though, I am loving mint styled in a more directional, futuristic way as demonstrated above in a gorgeous spring-ready look that just exudes editorial cool.
This is street-style snapper stuff, if you ask me.
1. These earrings from Whistles are a fabulous, space-age interpretation of classic costume jewellery. Such shapes are often associated with a certain Miss Butcher in Eastenders, but this new season version from Whistles (seriously hot at the moment) is a million miles away from Albert Square. In smoky pewter black, these slick earrings work wonderfully with this cool look.
2. Here ye, here ye, I have a new obsession: Sophie Hulme handbags. Since laying my eyes on the marine clutch at the Atelier-To-Go blogger event at The Apartment during London Fashion Week, I have been a little bit smitten with these luxurious handbags. This simple black one with graphic hardware detail is a great investment for the new season, and it is such good value! You can buy them in Harvey Nichols among other stockists.
3. Ooh hello. I've been after this butter-soft icy leather jacket by Reiss 1971 since their press day and I am still doing all the chasing. I am seriously beginning to begrudge the fact that i'm just a poor little student, for I could give this jacket such a lovely home. I would take it everywhere... It would have such a good time (particularly with my new bone skinny jeans from Topshop - ice cream chic!)
4. Every time I get a little statement jewellery craving (which happens once a day, by the way) I head straight to the American e-boutique Bauble Bar. While I am not entirely sure whether they ship over here, I can but dream, and their collar necklaces make for the perfect addition to any outfit post. I adore this mint green offering interwoven with aqua suede and studded with punchy jade opaque crystals.
5. Another blog post, another item from The Kooples! This sculptural white miniskirt from my favourite Parisian label is a total summer must have. With an origami-esque fold at the front, this tapered white pelmet skirt has a distinctly futuristic look which would work wonderfully with a printed top and killer sandals.
6. Speaking of killer sandals, if you want a pair you should probably check out Australian shoe brand Senso. I found them, again, through Atelier-To-Go and I am absolutely in awe of their slick, contemporary designs. The SS12 collection is gorgeous, I particularly adore these SASHA II metallic marine sandals with a perspex heel and minimal strap detailing.
7. I'm not usually a fan of python print, but for this Proenza Schouler jersey top new in at Harvey Nichols, I shall make an exception. I adore this long sleeved, soft jersey top from the New York design duo, and doesn't it just look ssssssublime with the mint green?