Following yesterday's Mother's Day post full of lots of tasty treats and scents, today i'm going for something rather more luxurious.
While it is certainly cutting it a tad fine, I just felt I needed to share these lovely picks with you. I also think that this post shall act as another gift for mum... A "things I would have bought you if I were rich" sort of thing.
You're welcome, mum. I've been rather generous, I know!
I tweeted recently (@SWfashion_ love a shameless plug) about my overwhelming desire to spoil mum rotten this mother's day which clashes with my depleted bank balance. Someone was sweet enough to remind me in their response that it is not about money at all.
Though these decadent treats are sure to put a smile on your mum's face, i'm sure she'd be every bit as grateful if you were to bring her breakfast in bed, run her a bubble bath and maybe even cook her a meal.
Think of all she does for you, after all!
1. The new Mulberry Willow tote is a total godsend. While it is not exactly cheap at £1500 for this rose petal pink offering, you're basically getting two bags for the price of one as that natty little zip pouch at the front also doubles as a clutch. This is a deliciously decadent gift for mum, though it may be very difficult to part with something so very pretty.
2. I love Anya Hindmarch and this zip pouch in a lovely powdery green shade is a great way to say thanks to your mum for all she's put up with over the years! It's £135 from Selfridges.
3. Mum's are the biggest stars around, so remind her of this little fact with these Anthropologie crystal studs. Anthropologie is a great place to look for mother's day presents- it's all so pretty and at a reasonable pricepoint. These studs are £18 here.
4. Ever since I was very little I have been telling my parents that I love them to the moon and back. This twinkling diamond ring from London-based boutique EC One would be a lovely way to remind my mum just how much she means to me. It is a bit of an investment at £368 but she's worth every last penny. You can buy the ring here. While on the EC One website, I also urge you to enter their I Love Mum competition. All you have to do to win a £200 voucher is send over a picture of you and your mum along with a few lines on why you love her so dearly. Enter here.
5. Another luscious candle. This Neom Organic Happiness candle, available at Selfridges, is natural and fresh. It has such an uplifting springtime scent with notes of mimosa, lemon and white neroli. It is £39.95 but will last for ages.
6. It kind of annoys me that I totally forgot about this Alex Monroe necklace when I was shopping for mother's day presents. The minute I saw it, I thought of my mum and I only wish that I had thought to buy it there and then. With a dinky little watering can adorned with a crystal blue water droplet, this charming pendant is perfect for any greenfingered mums! It is £138 in gold, here.
7. No card is truer, in all honesty, and I think these Door 77 cards (available on this site or on Not On The High Street) are some of the simplest but sweetest cards money can buy.
8. I have become all rather obsessed with Kate Spade since stumbling upon her store in Westfield a couple of months ago. I've since spent way too much time and money in there buying lots of cutesy little things that I certainly do not need, but certainly DO want. This blue bow bangle is a gorgeously unique gift for any lady, particularly a chic mum.
9. Smythson do the most wonderfully crafted leather stationary around and this Yummy Mummy notebook is the most lovely gift. I think it's really sweet to give something like this for mother's day, as it will always be remembered and cherished. You can buy it here for just £45.
10. Another one I wish i'd bought. Sadly I only spotted this Door 77 card after having bought both my card and present. This handmade card is truly special and will certainly put a smile on her face. Buy it from Door 77 or on NOTHS. For an extra £7 you can have it framed, which I think would make for a really special gift. I actually bought my dad the card at number 7 and framed it for him.
11. Most mum's love champagne. This is a fact. Most women do too. This is also a fact. If your mum has a taste for the pink fizz, you simply must indulge her with this extravagant Laurent Perrier gift set with four champagne flutes adorned with rosy pink decoration. It is £92 from Harvey Nichols, but is another gift that just keeps on giving!