I personally adore Chelsea... The real Chelsea, not that Made in Chelsea lark. The Kings Road has so much to offer and all the surrounding pockets of moneyed marvels. I love the Bluebird, I love the glamourous boutiques and I just adore the vibe of the area, from Sloane Square to Walton Street.
If ever you are stuck for things to do on a Sunny Sunday in London, take a trip to Chelsea and just have a wander- you won't leave disappointed. At the moment, for example, there is the most compelling Hermés exhibition on at the marvellous Saatchi gallery. I went on Saturday with the lovely Kate (check out her enviably chic blog here) but we went at peak time so hardly got a chance to look around... Guess that means we'll have to go back? What a chore (!)
Anyway, I digress, for this post is all about occasionwear, this time inspired by the beautiful blooms at the RHS Chelsea flower show. The perfect feminine look for Summer weddings, I love this Zimmermann dress paired with the painterly floral jacket and futuristic clean accents. I feel that this look balances elegance with trend-led touches for a punchy but wholly versatile look.
1) I adore the simplistic design of Whistles handbags and clutches, and the Rivington clutch is a contemporary classic- without the price-tag that usually comes with such an accolade! In this sweet vanilla shade, this spacious pouch with golden accents is a relaxed clutch that will work for day or evening. It is £75 here.
2) I have been obsessed with Australian boutique brand Zimmermann for a fair few seasons now, with both their RTW and swim collections boasting a sexy but subtle femininity. Atelier-To-Go have tailor picked a selection of simple SS13 dresses from the brand, which you can shop here, but my favourite has to be this raspberry ruched number, also available at Austique (on the Kings Road). This dazzling Dazed dress is flirtatious and romantic but still fashion-forward with flattering ruching and the most glorious movement in the skirt. It is £375 here.
3) Kate Spade is my go-to shop for gloriously girly gifts. I accidentally stumbled upon the store Westfield a few months ago and I can't stop popping in since- there are SO many kitsch and cute things that I never need, but always want. A New York label, I can't wait to pop in this July when I head across the pond. If you have a little time to kill then do check out their Fathom for Kate Spade city guides here- they are awesome. Anyway, this golden bow bracelet is high up on my must-have list, and has been for a few seasons. You can shop it here.
4) Floral scents are a Summer essential, and this new one from Jo Malone smells every bit as pretty as it looks. The Osmanthus Blossom scent is light but sophisticated, a complex floral that balances sweet blossom notes with a touch of the exotic. With tones of peach and apricot, artfully balanced with white florals this is a dreamy daytime scent. You can treat yourself here, where the cologne is £76 for 100ml or £38 from 30ml.
5) Essie, Essie, Essie... The things you do to me. This balletic pink nail polish- Muchi Muchi- is such a staple shade and will work all throughout Summer.
6) I really must stop buying jackets, but this one is next on my agenda. A fabulous floral print that marries together shades of coral, magenta, aqua and lime, this flattering cropped blazer certainly belies it's £69.99 price-tag. Ideal for jazzing up a dress for a wedding, this jacket will work with everything from icy whites through to on-trend neons. You can shop the jacket at Zara here.
7) I may, just may, have purchased these ASOS shoes with the 20% student discount. Well, a girl's gotta treat herself. These white caged sandals instantly reminded me of the Alexander Wang ones I have been obsessed with since I first laid eyes on the SS13 collection, and I simply had to have these. The nude sandals just got shunnned: it's all about bright white. They are £42, but if you are quick you can still grab them with 20% off with Unidays!