From tasteful tea parties through to sun drenched days at the beach, Summer throws up all sorts of delights particularly in a sartorial sense.
However, as far as occasionwear goes, things aren't always as simple as throwing on a silky slip dress and chunky wooden wedges, and this certainly will not suffice for a sunny day wedding.
The trickiest of Summertime soirees by a country mile, choosing a suitable outfit as a wedding guest is never easy. The best way to go about it, though, is to find a dazzling but demure dress that you can really personalise with accessories to make it your own.
Opt for a subtle neutral shade that will carry you through the wedding season and an elegant and ethereal style that will befit the occasion.
Then really go to town on the accessories... I like this unexpected flash of neon.
1. I am a statement necklace fiend and this new one from Freedom at Topshop has just made it on to my must-have list for Summer. Paired with this blush shade it certainly provides a punchy pop of colour. It is £30 here.
2. This wrap dress from Topshop is available in a selection of washed pastel shades and makes for a fabulous Summer party staple. An elegant length with a balletic swishy skirt and flattering pleat detail at the waist- this dress is fantastic for showing off your figure while still leaving plenty to the imagination. The best part? It is only £65 here.
3. Accessorize have really crept up my high street radar of late. With directional perspex clutches, Shourouk-esque fluoro jewellery and trinkety treasures, it is little wonder that Accessorize have got me questioning my infatuation with the one and only Zara *. This vibrant coral lace detail box clutch is a punchy alternative to the classic neutrals and metallics that are often common place at weddings. It is limited edition so do get your skates on ladies- it is £35 here.
4. Finding striking shoes on the high street is not always easy, but these vivid lime heels from River Island are striking to say the very least. A slick sandal complete with pretty laser cut detailing, I love the juxtaposition between this ethereal dress and the fierce fluoro heels. They are £65 here.
5. Topshop nail polishes are always the most deliciously tempting colours and this zingy Venus Fly Trap number is just divine for Summer. A snip at £5 here, it'd be rude not to, non?
6. Something a little brighter, this glorious neon Bottle Service shade from Essie is sure to put a smile on your face.
7. Yet another sweetie, this Nails Inc limited edition Summer shade is as yummy as the ice cream sundae on the glossy bottletop. Chelsea Physic Garden is a pastel blue that is sure to compliment sun-kissed Summer skin.
8. You are probably wondering why I featured three nail polishes, but I promise I've not completely lost my marbles. When I spotted these Topshop nail art brushes (£10 for the set here), I knew I had to share them with you guys. Nail art can look so amazing, particularly in these juicy Summer shades. If you need some inspiration, check out my post here or Mara Hoffman's little competition here.
* I still love you Zara... I think we need some time apart. It's not you, it's me... And my bank balance.