I can't get over how beautiful the weather has been this weekend. Sun, sun and more sun has been on the agenda and, in my case, so has a whole lot of spending.
I bought SO many Summer clothes this weekend, and yet my shopping list of high Summer must-haves is growing at the speed of noughts.
Still- how long have I spent shivering away in my bedroom in front of my electric heater? Too long, ladies and gents. TOO. LONG.
Rather fittingly, this weekend the lovely Lucy from Style By Smith blog tweeted me a link to her post on the fantastic Worldwide Wardrobe blogger competition from Travel Supermarket.
The fun competition allows for bloggers' creativity and personal style to shine through, in asking them to style up five looks with a budget of £200 for the five following occasions:
1. Sightseeing in Paris
2. Clubbing in Ibiza
3. Shopping in London
4. Cocktails in New York City
5. Partying at a Full Moon Party in Thailand
You can, of course, pick and choose which you do, or you can go full-throttle and try your hand at all five. With a panel of five esteemed bloggers judging each category, there will be one jammy winner per destination who will win a holiday and £200 to spend on their chosen look.
Once you've worked out your outfits, you must nominate five other fashion bloggers who you feel may be interested in taking part in the competition!
You can find out the full details of the competition here if you are interested in entering.
Sightseeing in Paris...
For such an idyllic occasion, I would certainly want to look effortlessly elegant, wearing something comfortable and flattering for an easy-breezy day spent exploring the city. Though the initial temptation is to go for monochrome simplicity in keeping with the insouciant gamine charm, I would opt for something a little brighter and lighter with glossy and simple accessories and a fashion-forward twist.
1. This snake buckle cuff from Accessorize is a lovely little piece that certainly belies it's £12 pricetag.
2. I may, just may, have already bought this blue dress from Zara (see it on here), but it really is so effortless and easy to wear. Plus- the colour is in the French flag, so how could it possibly be more perfect?
3. ASOS jewellery is pretty much second to none and this Pharaoh collar in gleaming gold is a Summer must have that will luxe up any dress. (£20)
4. With sandals I really do feel that simple is best, and these tan thong sandals from Zara with gold chain accents and a block metallic heel are bang on for perusing Paris. (£59.99)
5. For me sunglasses must be cheap and chic, for I cannot go a month without losing them! I have bought a couple of pairs of shades from H&M over the years, and these tortoiseshell ones are a flattering and affordable favourite. (£5.99)
6. Midi rings are so chic and will add an idiosyncratic touch to this simple look. These ones are just £6 from ASOS.
7. I adore all of the mid-range boutiques that hail from Paris and I would be sure to detour when sightseeing to make my way to Maje, Sandro and Zadig and Voltaire! I love Zadig and Voltaire's grungy aesthetic and their skull emblazoned pieces, and this bracelet from Topshop nods to this punky Parisian streak. (£7.50)
8. With all these glossy glamourous accessories, I felt that the handbag should be understated and spacious. This putty zip-top tote from H&M is such a great buy and would easily accommodate all of your city essentials.
Sadly I have never been to Ibiza, but I really would love to, particularly while i'm still young! A holiday location full of the most beautiful party people in the world, I would really up my game with some dangerously short denim hot pants given a splash of softer femininity with an embellished blouse from Zara. Citrus accessories keep the look fun and fresh.
1. This tunic is very high up on my shopping list at the moment- it's so very Isabel Marant! It is elegant and ethereal but still sexy enough to work with hot pants for a trip to Ibiza. (£39.99)
2. A spacious bright yellow clutch from American Apparel at ASOS is ideal for keeping all your bits and bobs in, without being overly fussy. (£48)
3 & 5. I wanted to add a little nonchalance to this look with layered bracelets so went for these two from Topshop (£10) and H&M (£7.99) respectively. They add a bright touch, marrying in the citrus shades seamlessly.
4. Bright white denim hot pants are not exactly fogriving, particularly high-waisted thigh-grazers like these bad boys from Topshop. Nevertheless, for some reason I am very tempted to buy these hot pants. Perfect for showing off killer legs (if you have them... I, sadly, do not!) these shorts are every bit as Ibiza-ready as I am. (£28)
6. These simple lemon sandals from Zara are great for dancing in and are not overly fussy - just bright and beautiful. They are £22.99 here.
Shopping in London...
Everyone knows that London is sort of the cool capital of the world... Despite my living here! For a day spent shopping in this delightful city during the hot Summer months, I would opt for something cool and understated with a little touch of edge. This look isn't trying too hard and is wholly wearable and covetable!
1. An acid wash denim jacket makes for a fresh Summer alternative to the perennial leather biker, and this ecru one from Topshop is such a flattering and versatile denim wash, particularly chic with this printed dress.
2. I recently bought myself the green floral interpretation of this floaty camisole dress and it is so easy to wear. This slightly Western printed number in ivory and blue is just perfect for breezy city strolling.
3. Bring out the cool factor of this dress with a cool tribal embroidered tote from Topshop.
4. These putty cowboy style ankle boots from H&M are just a dream ! A little bit Isabel Marant, these shoes lengthen legs when paired with a flirty minidress.
5. Marry in the coral shades of this satchel with these rings from Accessorize, £6 here.
6. An eclectic finishing touch, I simply adore these initial rings from Topshop. I'd go for S... For obvious reasons.
Cocktails in New York City...
Aah, this will be me in a few months! I can't wait to get to New York this Summer and I hope that at some point I shall be sipping a few too many naughty cocktails. This look is feminine, elegant and a fashionable alternative to the cocktail dress.
1. These pretty jewel cuffs from H&M will add an extra gloss to the look and marry in the silver accents. £6.99 here.
2. This collar necklace from Miss Selfridge is edgy but still feminine in silver with crystal flowers working perfectly with the floral printed silken camisole. £25 here.
3. I am absolutely all about the new-nineties trend with the reinvention of the simple camisole top. This silken one by Boutique at Topshop is just deliciously glamourous. I would love it grunged up with leather pants, but for cocktails in NYC I would pair it with neutrals and crisp silver detailing for a fresh look. It's £45 here.
4. The leader of the NYC fashion pack, it would be rude not to reference Mr Alexander Wang at some point, so I shall do so by bringing in these mirror shine heels from Zara, which certainly pay homage to Alexander Wang's genius sandals from the SS13 collection. They are £39.99 here.
5. This H&M handbag is simple and unfussy enough that it doesn't look even remotely cheap, particularly with this dreamy look. It is £14.99 here.
6. White palazzo pants are not the most practical, but these light floaty trousers from Zara are just perfect for Summer, particularly sipping Manhattans in, well, Manhattan! They are £39.99 here.
Full Moon Partying in Thailand...
For an evening spent at the most beautiful party on the planet, I would go all out with this dazzling split front maxidress from Topshop paired with whimsical accessories and simply chic sandals. A tropical print, accented with a decadent floral headpiece is sure to make you the belle of the beach ball!
1. A simple pendant is sure to add a little extra glamour to this look without being overly fussy. This chic little key one from Whistles is my favourite of the moment.
2. I am all about the hand chains at the moment, and this one from ASOS is only £6 and a great way to add a little individuality to this dress.
3. I adore this citrussy leaf print maxi from Topshop. It is ultra-cool, flattering and a little bit sexy- just ideal for dancing in! It is £65 here.
4. The standout piece of this look is this bright white Rock n Rose headdress- a great way to liven up any look for any festivity. It is £42 here.
5. Another staple simple sandal from Zara, these are just ideal for dancing the night away.