1. My Bowie obsession is probably a little unhealthy. Just ask my poor flatmates who were recently subject to my choruses of "THIS IS GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM" while cleaning the kitchen on a hungover Sunday morning. I feel that the time has come for me to bite the bullet and invest in this fabulous Ziggy Stardust sweater by my beloved Maje. Maje-or Tom would certainly approve. It is £130 here.
2. & Other Stories nail polishes are pretty as a picture, and this Melton Sunset shade is next on my must-have list. Red hot with just a touch of sunset orange, the matte shade will add a pop of Summer vibrance to polished tips and toes. It is just £5 here.
3. I have been seeking a great bargain foundation for a while now, and I think I have found my one true love- Revlon Photoready. The coverage is buildable, covering imperfections without caking. It promises to give the illusion of flawless skin in photographs, so what could be better for those impromptu Somerset House style snaps? It is £12.99 at Boots. My tip is to layer with the liquid PhotoReady concealer- also Revlon- and finish with a dusting of Bourjois Healthy Mix powder.
4. I have finally invested in a backpack, but sadly it is nowhere near as stylish as this fabulous VERITY style by Whistles. I spotted this at the press day and have been dreaming of it since. The buttery white leather is crisp, clean and classic, while the size is just right for fashion week essentials. At £275 it is an investment piece, but at least you can't contest it's practicality? Mum would be proud. Shop VERITY here.
5. Orelia's delicate jewellery, stocked in Topshop, is my go-to for trinkety little pieces to decorate my wrists and fingertips. These mixed metal midi-rings are great for drawing attention to perfectly manicured hands- they also make for great girly gifts. They are £10 here.
6. Another Whistles hit, this golden bolt cuff adds a little gloss to the look. It is £35 here and is a contender for my next pay-day purchase. The bolt = very Aladdin Sane.
7. Picking a favourite piece in Zara at the moment is not easy. They seem to up their game every season, and SS14 is no exception. Zara is, and always shall be, my happy place (sorry Cafe Nero- you're a close second). If I were to choose just one ensemble to add to my wardrobe, it would probably be this leather trimmed tweedy mini with matching biker jacket. It's so Alexander Wang at Balenciaga, particularly when paired with a sheer white blouse and a little midriff peekaboo. Be a devil and treat yourself here - the skirt is £39.99.
8. Last but not least, kick up your look with these buckled peep-toe ankle boots, also from Zara. They are chunky and clunky but still suitably sexy. In a word? Strutworthy. They are £99.99 here, but they will work with any look across the seasons.
So while the fashion pack are gallivanting around London toting their Meli Melos, fueled by Marlboros, Manolos and Instagram-Hashtag-Hype (#LFWtimelinebitchez/ #donthatemecuzyouaintme), I am seeking out other modes of procrastination. My current pick? Twitter gem @Daily_Kale.
I have a wealth of LFW shows to catch up on for AW14 - I hear Whistles was a knockout?- but I, like the rest of the population, am still in SS14 mode. With my first Spring holiday booked, I am spending every waking moment daydreaming of backlessness, crop-tops, printed two-pieces and sugar sweet pointed pumps.
Above is what I would be wearing if I could be tempted away from the British Library. And on that note, ladies, best not wear leather minis to the British Library- I've never had so many shocked glances in my life.