|1. Whistles Rivington Pouch, £85.00 here |
2. River Island 70s chiffon jumpsuit, £60.00 here
3. Jimmy Choo Andie sunglasses, £279.00 here
4. Tom Ford Lips & Boys lipstick in Austin, £27.00 here
5. River Island tassel earrings, £10.00, sold out in black, but available in red here
6. New Look black textured faux fur jacket, £49.00 here
7. Topshop dreamy chain-embellished sandals, £68.00 here
Nobody wants a normcore NYE outfit. Nobody I know, at least. NYE is all about pulling out all the stops, looking flawless and drinking way too much Champagne/Prosecco/Cava/ English sparkling (delete as appropriate). Start as you mean to continue, they say.
This year, the best bet is to take your cue from Studio 54. Jumpsuits slit to the navel, backless lamé halternecks and a hella lot of sequins – whatever your plans, the dress code has to be pure, unadulterated glamour. We're talking Hot Stuff, baby, and River Island's daring, peek-a-boo chiffon jumpsuit is just the ticket.
Go all-out on the styling front with Topshop's too-fabulous-for-words sandals – decked out with chains to shimmer as you shimmy – New Look's fluffy evening jacket and Jimmy Choo's divine Andie sunglasses – trust me, the minute you try them on you'll be smitten.
Finish with a touch of Tom Ford Lips & Boys lipstick. This shade, Austin, is the perfect rose-tinted neutral to offset a sapphire smokey eye, plus it's perfectly proportioned to pop in your Whistles leopard-print clutch.
Now all that's left to do is shake your groove thang.